1) On Highway 40, don't take exit 66 South on your left to Décarie south but veer towards the right in the direction of Ottawa-Hull.
Onwards on autoroute 40, you will eventually take
exit 32 veering towards your left to Highway 20 west, towards
4) On Highway 401, there are 4 service centres having all the amenities such as : gas, food, washrooms. Each has one restaurant or more. The first is located at exit 828 or 827 (only 250 metres from the border) just after a large blue WELCOME TO ONTARIO sign. This centre has a Wendy's, 24 hour service and a Shell gas station. The second station is another 65 kms further on, a 40 minutes drive from the first centre (at 100 kms an hour).
(If you wish, one can stop at Real’s Truck Stop Bainsville ON exit 825 tel. : 613-347-2925 or at the Fifth Wheel Restaurant located at exit 792).
The second centre is located at exit 762. It includes 2 restaurants : a Tim Horton's and a Kentucky Fried Chicken, also a Esso gas station. The third centre is some 84 kms further on or a 50 minutes drive at 100 kms an hour.
This third centre is a little bit before exit 675 and has, in addition to a Esso gas station, two restaurants : a Wendy's and a Tim Horton's. The fourth centre is another 85 kms further down, about 50 minutes away.
This fourth centre is after exit 593 passed under a viaduct and has a McDonald's Restaurant and a Esso gas station.
next exit is 543B which goes north on highway 62 with a 41 kms
drive to Madoc, a neighbouring town of
at Madoc, you will turn left on highway no. 7, then drive another 14 kms to get
to Greensides Lane, a small private road located on the left hand side of no.
7. To help you find the Greenside's farm (tel. 613-472-3715), look for 2 radio
transmission antennas, the first of which is on your right, after the Colonial
Inn Motel; the second is on your left near the Greenside's farm (each antenna,
is about 100 feet high). On your right at this point you will find a green
coloured sign pointing to the Greensides Lane, which is a small partially
paved road. On Highway 7, you will pass 2 swamps on both side of the highway
and a small bridge over the
7) To get to Sacred-Heart of Jesus Church, located on 38, Bursthall Road in Marmora, turn left on Highway 7, drive at least 4 kms before coming to Bursthall Street near the IGA which is on the main street (Highway 7 also known as Matthew Street in Marmora). Mass hours are Saturday at and Sunday at The pastor is Fr John Gillis (tel. 613-472-2220).
8) To go
Sacred-Heart of Mary's Church in Madoc, you must make
a right on Highway 7, continue straight on into Madoc
to the red light, then make a right onto
9) To go to Church of St. Michaël the Archangel in Belleville, located at 296 Church Street (tel. 613-962-4634), take Highway 7 on the right from Greenside's Road, turn right at the red traffic light in Madoc, proceed on to Highway 62 all the way to the Highway 401 under the viaduc into the town of Belleville, (Highway 62 then becomes North Front Street), veer to the left and take highway 37, then at the first red light turn right on Church Street. Once you reach civic no. 296, you will see a church with an elevated steeple and cross. Masses are at on Saturday evenings and Sundays at : , and and Weekdays, masses are at , on Wednesday.
10) To go
to St. Mary's Cathedral in
Restaurant located in
11) Restaurants in the area are:
1) In Marmora, Odd Cup Cafe, 95 Matthew located some 2 kms west of Greenside's farm, (tel. 613-472-2000). There is a special room here for those who wish to eat in privacy. Meals are served here as in a family with hospitality. If advised in advance, they can prepare for up to 20 persons.
2) In Marmora, , BOB'S PIZZA & FAMILY RESTAURANT 23 Forsyth Street near of church tel.: 613-472-5500. This restaurant have 45 seats.
3) in Marmora, Cafe Serendipidy 44 Main tel. : 613-472-1661
4) in Marmora, Darr’s Cafe & Pizzeria, 4 Forsyth Street tel. : 613-472-1216
5) in Marmora, Carriage House 13 Forsyth Street tel. : 613-472-3843
6) in Madoc,
Ace Pizzeria & Restaurant18 Durham Street South, Madoc, ON K0K 2K0
7) in Madoc,
Town & Country Restaurant 18
8) à Madoc, Tim Hortons on Highway 7 tel. : 613-473-26229) à Madoc, Dino’s Pizza
rent a room in
also has a KOA camping site located near the town of
BELLEVILLE : The Avalon Motel has room for 2 buses and is located a about 30 minutes from Marmora, at 245 North Front Street, south of Highway 401 via Highway 62 (tel. 613-966-6622).
return to Montréal from the farm, turn right on Highway 7, then take 62 south at Madoc towards
14) Once on east 401, towards Montréal, there are 3 service centres along the way :
The first (5th centre of the day) is at exit 603 (60 kms from point of entry at Highway 62), about 35 minutes up from there. A Tim Horton's and a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurants are found there and a Esso gas station.
There is 10 restaurants at exit 617:
The 2nd centre (the 6th of the day), is located at exit 680 (some 77 kms further), about another 45 minutes drive. You'll find a Wendy's, a Tim Horton's and an Esso gas station there.
The 3rd center (the 7th of the day) is at exit 756 (76 kms up further), about 45 minutes drive. It has a Kentucky Fried Chicken, a Tim Horton's and a Shell gas station.
15) Another 72 kms on 401 are needed to get to the Quebec-Ontario border. For Montréal, take autoroute 20 east or Highway 40 east. For those going on the south shore, take Highway 20 south.